As part of its “Irish Educated, Globally Connected (2016-2020)” education strategy, the government of Ireland is awarding a total of 60 scholarships to international students who are planning to study in an Irish higher education institution this academic year 2018-2019.
Through the Government of Ireland International Scholarship (GOI-IES) 2018 initiative, Ireland’s Higher Education Authority (HEA) will fund €10,000 to each student for one study year. The amount covers student costs and living expenses for any of the following:
- The final year of an undergraduate programme
- One year of a taught master’s degree programme
- One year of a research programme (a 2-year research master’s programme or a 3- to 4-year PhD programme).
Student applicants must satisfy the HEA’s criteria based on the following candidate profile:
- Must have an excellent track record in one’s personal, academic and professional life
- Must have superb communication skills
- Must have been involved in extra-curricular activities such as humanitarian work, social advocacy, arts, sports, politics, etc.
- Must have a compelling reason for studying in Ireland that indicates how the scholarship fits the student’s long-term goals.
The scholarship programme applies to any choice of study of the qualified scholar. Those who qualify for the scholarship must begin their studies in September or October 2018.
Applications must be submitted to GOI-IES2018@hea.ie no later than 5 PM, Friday, 23 March 2018 (Irish time). The HEA will release application results in June 2018.