(Melbourne, VIC and Tulsa, OK) EduCo International welcomes the University of Tulsa — Oklahoma’s highest-ranked private university (U.S. News & World Report) — into its growing network of top-ranked institutions. This partnership opens exciting opportunities for students around the world who are looking for excellent study options in the U.S.
Founded in 1894, the University of Tulsa (TU) is a highly ranked private institution in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This student-centred research university houses nearly 4,000 students, of which 34% are multicultural and 9% are international. Known for its commitment to diversity and equity, TU fosters a rich, inclusive experience for students and faculty regardless of origin and cultural background.
Through its award-winning programs, TU helps its students merge their interests and their passions, with practical skills and career preparation built in from start to finish. The university offers 67 undergraduate, 47 graduate and 10 doctoral degrees to students from all around the world.
The University of Tulsa prides itself as a results-oriented university. Given its average class size of 20 and its 11:1 student-faculty ratio, TU’s faculty provide individual focus and attention to each of its students. Through this hands-on experience, students can pursue high-paying jobs within six months of graduation. In fact, 89% of graduates are working or continuing education, with an average starting salary of U.S. $68k and an average mid-career salary of U.S. $105K. Here are some impressive statistics from its colleges:
- Kendall College of Arts & Sciences: 96% placement rates in jobs or graduate school
- Oxley College of Health Science: 100% first-time pass rate for all graduate students — athletic training, speech-language pathology, FNP and AG-ACNP — who took their respective certification/licensure exam in the spring/summer of 2020
- College of Law: No. 10 for job placement and no. 16 for bar passage (American Bar Association)
- College of Engineering and Natural Sciences: 95% overall placement rate (employed and graduate school).
TU also puts a strong emphasis on the quality of its students and provides enough support for them to finish their education. With 100% of freshmen and 94% of its TU students receiving financial aid, the university has more nationally competitive scholarship winners than all other Oklahoma colleges combined. These competitive scholarships include 71 National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowships, 66 Goldwater Scholarships, 25 Fulbright grants and many more. Moreover, Tulsa is known to be one of the most affordable places to live.
The university is recognised nationally in many rankings, including:
- No. 1 university in Oklahoma (Wall Street Journal and WalletHub.com 2022)
- No. 6 among petroleum engineering graduate schools (U.S. News & World Report 2022)
- No. 7 among Best Colleges for Engineering Majors (Money.com 2021)
- No. 79 best value among all national universities (U.S. News & World Report 2022)
- No. 20 among universities that emphasise science, technology, engineering and math (Forbes 2021)
- No. 136 national university, no. 138 best engineering school (U.S. News & World Report 2022)
In addition, the University of Tulsa remains committed to service by encouraging its students to help the greater Tulsa community. In 2019-20 alone, TU students and employees completed over 76,000 hours of community service – of which the monetary value of time volunteered amounted to US$1.8 million.
EduCo International continues to pursue partnerships with institutions that show commitment to diversity and service while providing high-quality education. The University of Tulsa is only one of many academically competitive and growth-driven institutions EduCo supports.
To learn more about the University of Tulsa and its intakes, entry requirements, fees and others, agents can log on to Accelerate or email [email protected] Students interested in studying at the University of Tulsa can contact their local EduCo representative or send EduCo a message here.