EduCo featured prominently as one of the major sponsors of the recently-concluded PIEoneer Awards 2018 Finalists’ Afternoon Tea and Awards Night held in London, United Kingdom.
This is the 2nd year that the institution sponsored the event. EduCo Chief Executive Officer Joff Allen believes that the Awards is a great way of recognising individuals and organisations who are in the forefront of initiatives to elevate professional standards and enrich the international student experience. “We are pleased to sponsor the Awards for the second year and support the recognition of excellence in the international education sector.” said Allen.
The Finalists’ Afternoon Tea gave hundreds of attendees the opportunity to meet the and network with fellow education providers, international student support organisations and post secondary education institutions like EduCo prior to the Awards Night. Both activities were organised by the PIE News.
This year’s theme focused on “Celebrating Innovation and Achievement in International Education.” Bagging the PIEoneer 2018 Award is the Daughters for Life Foundation, Canada. Among the other category winners are:
- International Alumni of the Year – Tripti Maheshwari, India: Lancaster University, Cass Business School, UK and Liu Daming, China: NCUK International Foundation Year, University of Manchester, UK
- Accommodation Provider of the Year – International Students House, UK
- Association of the Year – Eaquals, Europe
- Championing Diversity Award – Common Purpose, UK – Global Learning Experience: Abroad
- Digital Innovation of the Year for Learning – The Open University, UK: The Teacher Education in Sub-Saharan Africa (TESSA) Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on FutureLearn
- Digital Innovation of the Year for Technology – StudyPortals, Netherlands: StudyPortals BestFit
- Education Agency of the Year – Mapmystudy, India
- Language Educator of the Year – Malaca Instituto, Spain
- Marketing Campaign of the Year – Education New Zealand, New Zealand: 1 Million Cents Scholarship