Dublin City University, EduCo in Ireland

DCU’s International Foundation Program registers record growth

Dublin City University’s International Foundation Program registers record growth in this year’s September intake.

This batch comes from 11 countries: Bahrain, China, India, Japan, Kuwait, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Turkey, USA and Vietnam.

The IFP offers new flexible entry criteria leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree at either DCU or Institute of Technology Carlow (ITC), depending on the student’s final foundation program score.

About 60% of those in the program will pursue postgraduate degrees after completing two semesters. They are mostly looking at STEM and business courses, such as a Master’s degree in Electronic and Computer Engineering  International Accounting or Business. The other 40% will pursue undergraduate degrees once they have successfully completed their IFP, for example Bachelor’s degrees in International Relations, Multimedia, or Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences.

New flexible entry criteria

International students undergo two semesters of the IFP then progress to their undergraduate or graduate degree program. To enter the IFP they need an IELTS score of 5.0 or equivalent, with no band less than 4.5, for the undergraduate level and 5.5 or equivalent, with no band less than 5.0, for the postgraduate level.

DCU’s All Hallows campus where the IFP will be delivered.

Students receive a package offer letter for the IFP and their progression degree. The IFP is delivered on campus at Dublin City University. Students have access to all of the university’s facilities. Programme fees differ slightly – €12,700 for undergraduate and €13,000 for graduate levels – for the duration of the course covering two semesters, with intakes in January and September.

Once the students successfully complete their IFP, they will automatically progress to either DCU or ITC, depending on their final foundation program score.

For additional details or further clarification, education agents may contact the EduCo representative in their area or send an enquiry here.