According to the latest QS World University Rankings by Subject, Dublin City University’s (DCU) Communication and Media programme is the best in Ireland. DCU was the only Irish university that ranked for “Communication & Media Studies” and is among the world’s Top 200 in that specific area.
QS’s global survey by subject is based on four major metrics, namely academic reputation, employer reputation, research citations per paper and the H-index. DCU’s Communication and Media programme earned 67.5%, 69.6%, 63.4% and 71.2% in these measures, respectively.
DCU’s School of Communications offers the following undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes:
- B.A. in Communication Studies (Bachelor of Honors Degree)
- B.A. in Journalism (Bachelor of Honors Degree)
- B.Sc. in Multimedia (Bachelor of Honors Degree)
- B.A. Arts (Joint Honours)
- B.A. in Film & Television Studies
- B.A. in Journalism
- B.A. in Political Communication
- B.A. in Social Media Communications
- B.Sc. in Public Relations & Strategic Communications
- B.Sc. in Multimedia
- B.Sc. in Science Communication
The university also placed in four broad subject areas: Arts & Humanities, Engineering & Technology, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences & Management.
DCU President and Professor Brian MacCraith was thrilled with the recognition. “These rankings affirm our strong credentials across the wide breadth of academic disciplines… a testament to the distinctive and complementary mix of academic and research offerings at DCU,” he shares.
Photos from the Dublin City University website