Our People Philosophy
Our people are at the heart of our business
We recognise that our people are what makes our organisation great. Through their hard work, commitment and dedication they enable us to move closer to our goal of being one of the top 3 international education companies globally. They are the reason we are successful and what makes us different from our competitors.
We are selective about who we bring into the organisation, and as a result, we have developed a workplace, in which open communication, mutual accountability and a passion for performance are the pillars that shape our day to day interactions.
We are continually looking at new and competitive ways to recognise and reward our people to ensure their total wellbeing. We provide competitive pay and excellent benefits including countless opportunities to grow personally and professionally. With numerous training programs and outlets for development, we ensure that our people are continually strengthening their skill set and developing as individuals.
Our People Practices
At EduCo, we have a strong appreciation for the variety of backgrounds and characteristics that make our people unique. Our people practices reflect this diversity and focus strongly on creating a high-performance culture where every individual can learn and grow every day.
We are currently looking for suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following roles:
Pathway Programmes Manager, Ireland – EduCo
Are you looking for a role that allows you to work in a global organisation in a solid growth phase, with talented individuals and opportunities to develop and grow with the organisation? We have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and results focused individual to join our team in Ireland.
EduCo International Group is a leading global provider of education services with a focus on the education of international students in English-speaking destinations. With an expanding campus network in Australia, Canada, the United States and Ireland, EduCo’s institutions cater to a broad range of students with course offerings across the Higher Education, University Pathway, Vocational, Career and English Language programs. EduCo’s institutions include wholly owned private colleges, partnerships with Public institutions and on-campus pathway programs with top ranked Universities.
EduCo launched in Ireland in 2017. Our first partnerships are with Dublin City University (DCU) and Maynooth University (MU). In collaboration with both institutions, we have launched on-campus University Pathway programmes for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
In this role, you will ensure the efficient operation of the Pathway programmes within EduCo’s partner universities. The Programme Manager is responsible for the operational management of the Pathway Programmes in addition to ensuring the well-being and academic progress of EduCo students.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
1. Operational Management: Timetabling, maintaining student data in relation to attendance, academic performance, continuous assessment, etc.; attending the weekly coordination meetings with the university or universities and other meetings, as required; ensuring that all Foundation Programme policies and procedures are adhered to; monitoring student participation; submitting teacher/tutor hours to payroll; monitoring class size; ongoing evaluation and assessment of all training content, including assessments and course delivery plans within the study area; regular reporting to Senior VP EduCo Ireland on key student and academic quality metrics.
2. Teaching and Curriculum: Delivering elements of the Foundation Programme curriculum. Working with the Academic Leads of EduCo’s partner institutions to ensure appropriate quality standards are implemented and adhered to. Ensuring that the design, delivery and assessment of the Pathway programmes are of international best practice standards.
3. Student Support: Providing practical support to EduCo students such as, where necessary, assisting them to open bank accounts, apply for Visas/GNIB cards, reserve student accommodation; Ensuring that all students comply with GNIB requirements with respect to attendance; Undertaking mentoring duties and supporting students on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties, as required; providing timely feedback to students; assisting students to integrate into Irish life; organising and participating in and extra-curricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events from time to time; sensitivity to the different cultural backgrounds of our international student base.
4. Liaison with Foundation Programme Teachers: on-going liaison with teachers regarding timetables, student progress and results and to ensure that the students are making satisfactory academic progress; communicating with teachers regarding academic staff meetings; regularly review staff to ensure standards are being consistently met; maintaining emergency teacher roster; sourcing of staff to fulfil teaching duties, ensuring that they are properly trained and engaged in ongoing development; engage in quality assurance and continuous improvement activities; support and encourage staff training and development; maintaining academic resources and support availability to EduCo staff; work closely with other EduCo and university staff to ensure best practice delivery and consistency of teaching standards.
5. Admissions Management: Liaise with the International Office Admissions team at partner universities and EduCo teams regarding the assessment of International applications for admission for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Applications. Provide a customer focused, quality evaluation and advisory service to prospective and current students, agents and the EduCo Sales and Marketing staff, generally on all aspects of our partner universities’ admission requirements, policies, procedures and entry pathways. As appropriate, support the International Offices of our partner universities to process applications, prepare offer letter and other communication within the required turnaround time. Respond to inquiries from EduCo staff about admissions and student experience at our partner universities. Coordinate the conversion process by preparing regular pipeline reports and liaising with offshore teams. Be accountable for data integrity of student records in Salesforce, PAC and any other systems.
6. Additional Duties: Representing the best interests of EduCo at all times; undergoing programmes of training and development as may be required from time to time, and performing such other duties as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications, Technical skills and experience required of this role include:
- Hold a primary degree
- Possess an effective communication style appropriate to international students, their age and prior knowledge
- Be a team player willing to show flexibility about working commitments
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
- Postgraduate qualification
- Experience of working with international students in a similar role in either an English Language School or within an Irish and international higher education institute
- At least five years full-time experience in an equivalent environment
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching adults across various levels, especially in General English courses
- Commitment to quality in lesson planning and delivery, and assessing students’ learning
- Experience in planning timetables and rostering staff desirable
- Coaching and mentoring experience desirable.
Location and Salary:
You will spend your time between three places: Our head office on St Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2 and the campuses of our two partner institutions, Dublin City University and Maynooth University.
Salary: €35,000 – €45,000
Applications should be made by sending the following information as ONE single attachment (either in PDF or Word format) incorporating all of the below required information to email@example.com:
- Postgraduate qualification, A Curriculum Vitae, including all qualifications and experience, and a covering letter addressing your interest and suitability for the role;
- The names, email addresses, correspondence addresses and telephone numbers of three referees whom EduCo may contact.
The completed application documents should be forwarded by email to arrive no later than midnight, Thursday 20th of July 2017.