Casual Tutors - Southern Cross University, Melbourne
SCU Melbourne is looking for casual teachers with exceptionally high teaching capabilities to be part of our multidisciplinary campus.
Casual Tutors - Southern Cross University, Melbourne close
Casual Teachers – Business, Management, Accounting, Finance, Marketing and Information Technology
About Southern Cross University Melbourne
Southern Cross University’s (SCU) Melbourne branch campus is located in the heart of the central business district. The campus currently offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in business, administration, accounting and information technology to international students.
SCU Melbourne offers highly qualified lecturers with a work integrated learning focus. SCU is delivering its teaching using a Flipped Teaching Model.
SCU Melbourne is looking for casual teachers with exceptionally high teaching and pedagogy capabilities to be part of our multidisciplinary Business, Information Technology and Management teaching teams. The ideal candidate should possess the capability to perform the duties of a teacher with integrity towards the achievement of our objectives. Areas of delivery include the following program areas:
- Project Management
- All Areas
- Accounting and finance
- Information Technology/ Information Systems
- All Areas
- All Areas
- Economics and Quantitative Analysis
As a Casual Teacher, you will be accountable for the provision of professional teaching and academic expertise across all aspects of delivery. In addition to your interaction with the SCU Unit Assessors, your duties also require your close liaison with the Melbourne Campus Academic Manager, reporting academic performance of your class and the status of the students’ learning including their level of focusing on excellence in learner support, resource development and educational administration.
Your Key Accountabilities:
- Deliver tutorial sessions based on Flipped Learning Model that engage learners and meet their needs and learning styles, by using a variety of innovative and adaptive ways including the Institute learning resources (including blended learning options and mobile technologies).
- Implement a continuous improvement approach to the quality of teaching and learning that enables a safe and supportive learning environment for diverse learners and enhances the student experience by improving engagement and encouraging success.
- Implement Student Support and Intervention strategies necessary to identify and provide support to at-risk and/or non-genuine students.
You are highly motivated, collaborative and flexible, with excellent communication and relationship skills. You will have the relevant qualification(s) and capabilities as per following:
- You the right to live and work in Australia.
- A terminal degree in your area of teaching is preferred. A Master’s degree is an acceptable substitute with at least 5 years of working experience at a managerial position in the area of your teaching expertise.
- Certificate in Training and Assessment (preferred) or a significant length of teaching at an Australian or reputable international tertiary education service provider.
- A proven track record in the design and delivery of up to date and engaging programs, learning materials and teaching delivery plans, in a learning environment that motivates and guides students to optimise their learning outcomes.
- Registration with relevant professional association/s (as required for the specific discipline).
How to Apply
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
- Teaching Scores / Student Feedback from past teaching roles
All applicants require:
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, e.g. citizenship, passport or birth certificate (A certified copy preferred)
- certified copies of qualifications.
If you have any questions regarding these positions or require further information, please contact; email@example.comApply Now
Employment Type: Casual
Closing date: 3o September 2017
Student Welfare Officer
Providing confidential and timely guidance, support and counselling to students studying at Strathfield College.
Student Welfare Officer close
Strathfield College [SC] is an established provider of quality education delivering vocational courses to international students in Sydney and Melbourne. SC Sydney is currently seeking an experienced Administration Officer who has exceptional customer service skills to assist and coordinate various administrative functions within the Vocational Education Training (VET) faculty.
The primary purpose of the Student Welfare Officer is to provide confidential and timely guidance, support, counselling and other appropriate referrals as required, to students studying at our college, to assist them to develop the skills and strategies to become confident to meet the challenges in their lives. These challenges are not just college or study related, but can also be associated with settling into a new country and a new culture. The Student Welfare Officer has the responsibility to ensure that appropriate information is provided to the students so that they can make their own decisions. Further, it is the responsibility of the Student Welfare Officer to ensure that the students have access to other appropriate agencies or authorities for additional support if required.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Provision of confidential and timely guidance, support and counselling to students
- Ensuring referral is made to other support agencies as appropriate
- To identify student issues and need and have the skills to be able to respond to and assist with these issues
- To provide quick, responsive services to students in need and in crisis
- Establishing and maintain a line of communication and referral to counselling and support services from academic faculties within the college
- Establish a network of externally provided services that students can be referred to in the event that specialist assistance is required
- Understanding of the key issues experienced by international students, and confident in developing and recommending strategies to respond to these issues
- Sensitivity to the different cultural backgrounds of our international student base.
Qualifications, Experience & Technical Skills:
- Degree qualified in counselling, welfare or psychology essential
- Demonstrated experience provided support and counselling services
- Demonstrated experience providing such services to client base with many diverse backgrounds
- Understanding of privacy and confidentiality guidelines
- Experience in the education sector and working specifically with international students is an advantage
- Eligibility to work in Australia.
Individual capabilities include:
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Efficient, highly organised and able to manage competing priorities
- Ability to develop professional relationships and set and maintain appropriate boundaries
- Ability to initiate and manage working relationships across a diverse group of cultures
- Enjoys and feels motivated when working autonomously and within a small team.
Strathfield College Core Values:
- Student experience
- Value creation
If you feel you meet the above criteria and are looking to take on a new role supporting students in their education experience please submit your resume and cover letter.
*Please note that due to the large volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted, Thank you.Apply Now
Employment Type: Casual/Vacation
Closing date: 21 September 2017